- facebook management with jocelyn goldfein Software Engineering Daily podcast. A lot of insight into software development macroeconomics.
- Speeding Up Innovation Adrian Cockcroft. Interesting talk about how to use the cloud and how it enables innovation.
- Applying the Serverless Mindset to Any Tech Stack Ben Kehoe. Good talk about how serverless enables a new way of thinking.
- Reliability Engineering: One of the Best Jobs in Software Engineering Mary Poppendieck. Good introduction to reliability engineering and SRE.
- Big Transitions in Small Steps Kent Beck. Very deep ideas about how to make any kind of huge technical change using small and incremental changes. This part of the core of agile... Vertical slicing to make changes in small (low risk) steps.
Sunday, May 26, 2019
These are the best podcast/talks I've seen/listen to recently:
Monday, May 13, 2019
- Parallelizing computation with dask TalkPython podcast. Good episode if you are interested in different solutions to improve the performance of algorithms for Data Science. For python native shops, Dask seems a very good solution with a low entry barrier for Data Scientists.
- InfoQ Podcast: Kim Scott on Radical Candor Very interesting to learn about giving and receiving feedback. To go deeper in the topic, the book is also great Radical Candor Kick Ass Without Humanity.
- Mik Kersten on Moving from Projects to Products An interesting interview about this clear trend.
- keynote: architecting for continuous delivery Jez Humble. Good ideas about how to create agile systems.
- Napoleon DevOps and Delivering Business Value Mark Schwartz. The importance of leveraging DevOps short feedback loops to evolve continuously the system.