These are the best podcast/talks I've seen/listen to recently:
- Traditional vs Modern Internal Platforms: Find the Differences! (Manuel Pais) [Devex, Devops, Platform as a product, team topologies] [Duration: 1:04:00] A very interesting discussion about the key differences between the traditional approach to internal platforms and tooling vs the modern approach.
- ProductTank New Zealand - The What & Why of Continuous Discovery (Teresa Torres) [Lean Product Management, Product, Product Discovery] [Duration: 1:00:00] the best product teams are shifting from a project mindset to a continuous mindset. In this talk, Teresa explores the key differences between project-based discovery and continuous discovery and give your team a clear benchmark to aspire to.
- How to Build Products Users Love with Kevin Hale (How to Start a Startup 2014: Lecture 7) (Kevin Hale) [Product, Product Discovery, Product Strategy, startup] [Duration: 0:48:00] Kevin Hale, Founder of Wufoo and Partner at Y Combinator, explains how to build products that create a passionate user base invested in your startup's success.
- A Guide To Managing Technical Teams (Dave Farley) [Engineering Culture, Management, Technical leadership] [Duration: 0:17:00] In this episode, Dave Farley of Continuous Delivery offers his advice on leading software development teams. How do you make the step from developer to manager? How do you deal with difficult situations and conversations? What are some of the commonest mistakes that people starting out in team leadership often make?
- Are you ready for production? (Jaana Dogan) [Devops, Engineering Culture, Observability, Operations, Platform] [Duration: 0:35:00] This talk examines practices from design & development, configuration management, observability, release management, capacity planning, security, and compliance.
- Foundations of Modern Product Organizations (Gerard Chiva) [Company Culture, Lean Product Management, Product, leadership] [Duration: 0:41:00] (⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐) This talk explains the keys to the success of digital product organizations. Technology is an essential part of any business today, not just a cost center.
- In Search of the Perfect Cloud Native Developer Experience (Daniel Bryant) [Cloud, Devex, Devops, Engineering Culture, Platform, Platform as a product] [Duration: 0:45:00] Interesting talk to understand different approaches to achieve an effective development flow in a cloud-based environment. X explains interesting ideas to create an internal self-service development platform to reduce friction for stream-aligned teams.
- Testing Strategy for DevOps (Dave Farley) [Devops, Engineering Culture, Testing in production, testing] [Duration: 0:14:00] (⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐) Dave Farley describes his take on what a holistic test-strategy looks like, and gives us examples from the real world to describe it.