These are the best podcast/talks I've seen/listen to recently:
- LOTE #7: Kelsey Hightower on Developer Experience, PaaS, and Testing in Production (Kelsey Hightower) [Cloud, Developer Productivity, Devex, Platform as a product] [Duration: 0:41:00] In the seventh episode of the Ambassador Livin’ on the Edge podcast, Kelsey Hightower, technologist at Google, discusses his thought on cloud developer experience, modern Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), and explores the reality that every organisation is testing in production
- Should Computers Run the World? (Hannah Fry) [AI, Data Science, General, Inspirational] [Duration: 0:36:00] Hannah Fry takes us on a tour of the good, the bad and the downright ugly of the algorithms that surround us. She lifts the lid on their inner workings, to demonstrate their power, expose their limitations, and examine whether they really are an improvement on the humans they are replacing.
- Small Batches - PDCA (Plan-Do-Check-Act) (Adam Hawkins) [Lean] [Duration: 0:06:00] Adam present's Dr. Deming's PDCA cycle and how it applies to the daily work of delivering software.
- Steve Jobs on programmer productivity (Steve Jobs) [Lean Product Management, Lean Software Development] [Duration: 0:01:00] Excerpt (1m) of Steve Jobs presenting the software as a liability to minimize. You know, make impact, not software. "The way you get programmer productivity is not by increasing the lines of code per programmer per day. That doesn’t work. The way you get programmer productivity is by eliminating lines of code you have to write."
- From initial request to software in production in 3 weeks (Christin Gorman) [Inspirational, Lean Software Development] [Duration: 0:22:00] (⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐) Simplicity--the art of maximizing the amount of work not done--is essential. Great talk on how to focus on the essentials and make simple solutions.
- The Future of Mars Exploration (Anita Sengupta) [Inspirational] [Duration: 0:54:00] In this talk, you will learn about the motivation for Mars exploration and how computational modeling, high-tech solutions, and out-of-the-box thinking can be used to overcome engineering challenges.