From a professional point of view, this is the summary of this past year 2016...
Following this decision, I decided to change from the great XP team at Alea Soluciones to TheMotion. I explain why in this blogpost http://www.eferro.net/2016/06/why-am-i-at-themotion.html
- Pamplona Software Craftmanship 2016 (Pamplona)
- AOS 2016 (Santiago de Compostela)
- CAS2016 In this conference I give the talk http://www.eferro.net/2016/12/el-arte-del-patadon-palante-posponer.html
I started to write blog posts in English and it seems to have a clear impact in the number of visits. It's true that my English is very bad, but "If you are not embarrassed by the first version of your product, you’ve launched too late." :-) And the only way to improve, is to try, fail and learn (by doing).
- To maintain
- Lean development, Focus on flow, Continuous delivery
- Cloud related learning (I should be very conscious of the Dunning Kruger effect)
- Simplicity / systematic work against complexity.
- Validation of high scalability designs (horizontal scalability, event sourcing, queues, simple design, evolutionary design...)
- Great team (very capable and collaborating and improving all the time). Already with great habits (focus on flow, simplicity, good testing level...) http://www.themotion.com/about/
- To improve
- More code/design time.
- More technical mentoring (using pairing and internal talks).
- Help to simplify organization structure, improving collaboration, removing complexity, management, and command and control tendency.