- Microservices: Software that Fits in Your Head Dan North. IMHO this is the more interesting talk I show this year. No spoilers :) I agree one hundred per cent with the talk. Just show it.
- Functional_Data_-_Greg_Young-131636650 Greg Young. A practical example of the Event Sourcing implemented using a functional approach. With this approach the flow seems more easy than the OOP approach.
- se-radio-episode-234-barry-oreilly-on-lean-enterprise. A interesting interview about the book Lean Enterprise and the application of Lean and Agile principles to drive innovation and product creation at our "disruptive" era.
- Testing and Refactoring Legacy Code Sandro Mancuso. A very interesting refactoring session conducted by Sandro. Lot of tips and tricks, some for Java and other for a lot of contexts and languages.
- RailsConf 2014 - All the Little Things Sandi Metz. A good session about OO design, refactoring and complexity using the GildedRose kata. Every Sandi's presentation is a learning experience.
- No Estimates, Let's Explore the Possibilities Woody Zuill. A good and deep thoughts about the convenience of the estimates... The cost, the value... can we live without them?
- Principles of Microservices Sam Newman. A good presentation about microservices, some of the use cases, the dificults for the adoption and the relation with the DDD movement.
- Back to the Future: What Ever Happened to Being eXtreme? Rachel Davies. A interesting talk about their experience using and adapting XP. They drop some practices, adapted other and introduces new ones, but always without losing the XP exence.
Eduardo Ferro Aldama (eferro) personal blog... Expanding my comfort zone. Agile mindset. Software Developer #Python #Go #FLOSS #agile #extremeprogramming https://github.com/eferro https://linktr.ee/eferro Development, Agile, Software Crafter, and random tech and nontech stuff. Opinions are my own.
Monday, October 26, 2015
Podcasts/talks. Emptying the queue (III)
I continue empting the talks queue... Here is another small batch of interesting talks:
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)