Eduardo Ferro Aldama (eferro) personal blog... Expanding my comfort zone. Agile mindset. Software Developer #Python #Go #FLOSS #agile #extremeprogramming https://github.com/eferro https://linktr.ee/eferro Development, Agile, Software Crafter, and random tech and nontech stuff. Opinions are my own.
Sunday, May 29, 2022
Sunday, May 15, 2022
Good talks/podcasts (May 2022 I)
These are the best podcast/talks I've seen/listen to recently:
- Full Cycle Developers at Netflix (Greg Burrell) [Architecture, Devops, Operations] [Duration: 0:48:00] (⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐) This talk presents Netflix' journey from siloed teams to our Full Cycle Developer model for building and operating our services at Netflix. Greg discusses the various approaches they’ve tried, the motivations that pushed them to keep evolving, and the lessons learned along the way.
- Building DevX Teams, my story (Cirpo Cinelli) [Developer Productivity, Devex, Teams] [Duration: 0:42:00] (⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐) In this presentation, Cirpo talks about his past 4 years of experience setting up a DevX team from scratch, the main challenges, the pain, the gain, and the lessons learned.
- How To Avoid Big Upfront Design (Dave Farley) [Architecture, Continuous Delivery, Evolutionary Design] [Duration: 0:18:00] In this episode, Dave Farley, describes how to avoid big up-front design, but also how to do enough design to make progress safely and allow us the freedom to learn and adapt our designs as we learn.
- The Root Causes of Product Failure (Marty Cagan) [Product, Product Strategy, Product Team] [Duration: 0:49:00] Interesting talk on how the best companies and product teams work.
- TDD Discipline - Thinking Ahead Without Coding Ahead (Jason Gorman) [Technical Practices, XP, tdd] [Duration: 0:11:00] Jason Gorman demonstrates a very common mistake TDD newbies make - writing the code you \*believe\* is required, instead of just the code needed to pass your tests.
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)