- Cloud Native related:
- Anatomy of a Production Kubernetes Outage Oliver Beattie A great example of a complex outage and the learning derived from it.
- Altitude NYC 2018: Observability workshop Peter Bourgon Good workshop to understand how to instrument our applications for good telemetry, logging, and tracing.
- Kubernetes: Finally...A True Cloud Platform Sam Ghods A good description of kubernetes as a base abstraction for the cloud platforms.
- CraftConf 2018. Always a great content at this conference.
- Test-Driven: The Four-Step Dance Tim Ottinger Very interesting detail for improving our TDD practice.
- What is this cloud native thing anyway? Sam Newman A good summary of the topic.
- Five key challenges for software quality tomorrow Gojko Adzic This talk help us to understand the new challenges to test our systems in this new and changing world (ML, AI, cloud services, etc).
- Scaling Your Architecture with Events and Services Randy Shoup New version of a classic talk from Randy. You can use as a map for dealing with data in microservices and to design using events.
- Simplify the stack Matt Aimonetti Good talk about simplicity and how you can use "Requests For Comments" to discuss design ideas.
- The death of Agile Allen Holub (Related with the interesting blog post "Developers Should Abandon Agile") Thanks Fran Reyes for the reference.
- Computers for Cynics [full version] Ted Nelson. General historic information and deep ideas about technology.
- The Formula for Happiness from Solve for Happy An interesting interview with Mo Gawdat.
- The Next Generation of Data Products Hilary Mason. A good introductory talk for newbies like me.
- Old Is the New New Kevlin Henney Very interesting remainder about the bases and about how to identify these core ideas and the new improvements based on them. Understanding this process can help us to improve even faster if we learn and go deep in the bases.
Sunday, May 20, 2018
Good talks/podcasts (May 2018 I)
These are some interesting talks/podcast that I've seen/heard during the past month: