- Stroop, Whorf, And Elixir Dave Thomas. Interesting info about how the language we use shape our thinking process and the importance of learning very diferent programming languages.
- Why Everyone Needs DevOps Now: A Fourteen Year Study Of High Performing IT Organizations Gene Kim. Interesting examples about high performing IT organizations (importance of development + operations, continuous deployment, flow center process, etc).
- Testing the Hard Stuff and Staying Sane John Hughes A good aproximation to automatic check/testing for concurrent stuff (QuickChecks). Examples with the erlang version.
- Evolutionary Architecture and Microservices Rebecca Parsons.Informative talk about microservices and the Continuous Delivery as the central practice that allow the constant evolution of the apps and real agile development.
- Building Event-Driven Microservices with Scala, Functional Domain Models and Spring Boot Chris Richardson. A interesting and practical example of to create small independent services with event sourcing and CQRS. A Good explanation.
Friday, September 18, 2015
Podcasts/talks. Emptying the queue (II)
I continue empting the talks queue... Here is another small batch of interesting talks: