These are the best podcast/talks I've seen/listen to recently:
- Platform Engineering as a (Community) Service (Nicki Watt) [Devex, Platform, Platform as a product] [Duration: 0:39:00] Interesting talk about what is platform engineering, how to create a great developer experience.
- Principles Of Microservices (Sam Newman) [Architecture, Architecture patterns, DDD, Microservices] [Duration: 0:56:00] This talk describe the microservices principles (modeled around business domain, a culture of automation, hide Implementation details, decentralize, deploy Independently, isolate failure, highly observable, etc).
- Platform as a Product: How to Delight Your Developers and Deliver Value for Your Customers (Paula Kennedy, Colin Humphreys) [Architecture, Devex, Platform, Platform as a product] [Duration: 0:57:00] In this talk, Paula and Colin will provide detailed, practical steps on how to form a successful platform team, how to apply the Build-Measure-Learn feedback loop to your internal platform, and how to engage your application developers and delight them. By creating and operating a platform that meets their needs, your developers can focus on what's most important for them: delivering their products, delighting their customers, and driving business value.
- Real Example of a Deployment Pipeline in the Fintech Industry (Dave Farley) [Continuous Delivery, Devex, Platform] [Duration: 0:18:00] Dave Farley shows a real deployment pipeline in-use in a Fintech company called TransFICC based in London. TransFICC adopted Continuous Delivery from the start and practice it at an advanced level. Delivering frequent, changes into production in a complex system, working in a regulated industry.
- How To Build Quality Software Fast (Dave Farley) [Continuous Delivery, Engineering Culture] [Duration: 0:15:00] (⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐) In this episode, Dave Farley explores how we can move fast with high quality and how one reinforces the other. Speed and quality are both hallmarks of a Continuous Delivery approach and best practices for building great software.
- Making developer effectiveness a reality (Rebecca Parsons, Tim Cochran, Keyur Govande, Pia Nilsson) [Devex, Platform as a product] [Duration: 0:41:00] There’s often lots of talk about how companies can make their developers more productive. But it may be more useful to think about developer effectiveness: how to ensure they’re building the most useful products for their customers. This is about providing an environment that allows developers to be effective. Our special guests from Spotify and Etsy give us their unique perspectives.
- Small batches podcast: The Toyota Way (Adam Hawkins) [Lean] [Duration: 0:08:00] (⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐) A summary of 14 principles described in Jeffery Liker's 2021 book "The Toyota Way".
- WorkLife podcast: Why it Pays to Raise Pay (Adam Grant) [Company Culture, Culture, Inspirational, Management] [Duration: 0:44:00] When employees are paid more, they give more. Going above market pay might sound like a fantasy, but in a growing number of companies it’s becoming a profitable reality. Peek inside workplaces that have reinvented their pay structures to give employees their worth and more—and explore the science of how it can pay off for everyone in the long run.