These are the best podcast/talks I've seen/listen to recently:
- Small Batches. The four types of problems (Adam Hawkins) [Lean, Mental models] [Duration: 0:07:00] Good pill to understand the classification of problems in Lean (troubleshooting, gap from standard, target condition, and open-end problems).
- Ten (Hard-Won) Lessons of the DevOps Transition (Randy Shoup) [Devops, Engineering Culture, Inspirational] [Duration: 0:26:00] (⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐) This talk discusses the cultural change required to adopt a devops mentality. Excellent advice and warnings derived from Randy's experience leading teams at eBay, Google, and KIXEYE.
- Don't Get Down-Leveled or How to Tell a Good Story (From a Principal at Amazon) (Meta) [Engineering Career] [Duration: 0:15:00] An excellent guide on how to tell a story during a behavioral interview.
- CTO Craft 2021: Cross the River by Feeling the Stones (Simon Wardley) [Product Strategy, Technology Strategy] [Duration: 0:30:00] In this session, Simon examines the issue of situational awareness. Using examples from government and the commercial world, Simon explores how we can map our environment, identify opportunities to exploit and learn to play the game.
- Frozen DevOps? Team Topologies Comes to the Rescue! - DevOpsDays Poznań 2021 (Manuel Pais) [Devops, Engineering Culture, Teams, team topologies] [Duration: 0:36:00] In this talk Manuel covers the self-imposed limitations of blindly following some “myths” around DevOps. Most organizations are stuck in the "frozen middle" of DevOps evolution due to a lack of organizational sensemaking. They must think beyond technical capabilities to unleash the potential of their teams to deliver with greater autonomy and a sense of purpose.
- Expert Talk: DevOps & Software Architecture GOTO 2021 (Dave Farley, Simon Brown) [Architecture, Continuous Delivery, Inspirational] [Duration: 0:40:00] (⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐) In a world where software architecture is evolving rapidly, we are confronted with new challenges. Simon Brown, Dave Farley, and Hannes Lowette cover some of the recent trends in software architecture touching on hot topics such as DevOps and how to deal with complexity.