- The Well-Balanced Programmer (J.B. Rainsberger) [Engineering Career, Inspirational] [Duration: 0:52:00] Inspiring talk for any developer. JB gives good insights and fundamental career advice for any software development professional.
- Why we switched to serverless containers (Florian Forster) [Cloud, Developer Productivity, Operations, Serverless] [Duration: 1:08:00] Florian Forster, talked about why they switched to serverless containers. Zitadel has a really interesting workload that is both CPU intensive and latency sensitive.
- Architecture for Flow with Wardley Mapping, DDD, and Team Topologies (Susanne Kaiser) [DDD, Engineering Culture, Technology Strategy, Wardley maps, team topologies] [Duration: 0:43:00] (⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐) This talk illustrates the concepts, connects the dots between DDD, Wardley mapping and team topologies, and demonstrates how these techniques help to evolve a fictitious legacy system for a fast flow of change.
- Systems Thinking for Developers (Jessica Kerr) [Inspirational, Mental models] [Duration: 0:55:00] (⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐) Great explanation of how system thinking arises and its basic concepts. System thinking is a fundamental tool to work with/in complex systems such as software systems.
- Episode 548: Alex Hidalgo on Implementing Service-Level Objectives (Alex Hidalgo) [Devops, Operations] [Duration: 0:48:00] The episode examines how to define error budgets and policies to influence engineering work, how to tell if your project is under or over budget, and how to respond to being over budget, as well as how to derive value from using up excess error budget.
- #100 - Modern Software Engineering - Dave Farley (Dave Farley) [Continuous Delivery, Engineering Culture, Technical Practices, Technical leadership, Technology Strategy] [Duration: 1:02:00] Dave started by explaining his view on modern software engineering and why it emphasizes on practices for building better software faster. Dave described the foundations of the software engineering discipline and explained the core competencies we need to succeed by becoming experts at both learning and managing complexity. Dave also explained the importance of understanding technology fundamentals, improving software readability, and handling software complexity by managing concurrency and coupling. Towards the end, Dave shared some other tools in the modern software engineering toolkit that include Continuous Delivery.