These are the best podcast/talks I've seen/listen to recently:
- You're Testing WHAT? (Gojko Adzic) [Technical Practices, Testing in production, testing] [Duration: 0:38:00] Gojko presents five universal rules for test automation, that will help you bring continuous integration and testing to the darkest corners of your system. Learn how to wrestle large test suites into something easy to understand, maintain and evolve, at the same time increasing the value from your automated tests.
- Using Observability to improve the Developer Experience (Borja Burgos) [Devex, Devops, Platform, Platform as a product] [Duration: 0:15:00] Observability is often associated with production and live environments, but it shouldn't be! In this talk we'll explore innovative ways in which modern observability tools and best practices can be leveraged during development to: improve developer productivity, identify regressions earlier in the SDLC, and increase the performance and reliability of our CI/CD workflows.
- Continuous Delivery (Jez Humble) [Agile, Continuous Delivery, Engineering Culture, Lean Software Development] [Duration: 0:47:00] (⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐) Great 2012 presentation on Continuous Delivery. Jez discusses the value of CD to the business. He presents the principles and related practices, including value stream mapping, deployment pipelines, acceptance test-driven development, zero-downtime releases, etc. This talk is a while old, but still as relevant as the first day.
- Test Driven Development with Geepaw Hill (Clare Sudbery, GeePaw Hill) [Agile, Technical Practices, tdd, testing] [Duration: 0:50:00] Clare talks to Geepaw Hill about why he loves TDD so much and how he spreads that love to software teams all over the world.
- Software Delivery Glossary (Adam Hawkins) [Continuous Delivery, Lean, Lean Software Development] [Duration: 0:09:00] This podcast describes a few software delivery concepts (Lead time, Deployment frequency, MTTR, Change Failure Rate, Jidoka, Kaizen).
- Churn FM. EP131 How the best leaders empower their product teams and set them up for success (Marty Cagan) [Inspirational, Lean Product Management, Product, Product Team] [Duration: 0:36:00] An interesting conversation about the tremendous gap between how the best companies operate and how the rest work, what they do differently, and why. They also discussed how the best leaders empower their teams, how real product discovery and product work happens and then talked about how alignment is a consequence of a good product strategy.