These are the best podcast/talks I've seen/listen to recently:
- TDD, where did it all go wrong. Summary (Ian Cooper) [tdd, testing, Technical Practices] [Duration: 0:04:00] Short summary of the "TDD, where did it all go wrong" talk.
- Developer Productivity Engineering – The Next Big Thing in Software Development (US 2021) (Justin Reock) [Developer Productivity, Devex, Platform, Platform as a product] [Duration: 0:30:00] DPE is a new software development practice that uses acceleration technologies to speed up the software build and test process and data analytics to to improve developer efficiencies by as much as 10x. The ultimate aim is to achieve faster feedback cycles, more reliable and actionable data, and a highly satisfying developer experience.
- SATURN 2018 Keynote: Uncoupling (Michael T. Nygard) [Architecture, Architecture patterns, Resilience] [Duration: 0:56:00] Interesting talk about coupling at the architecture level and its consequences.
- Surviving Continuous Deployment in Distributed Systems (Valentina Servile) [Small Safe Steps (3s), Technical Practices, Trunk Based Development] [Duration: 0:40:00] A good description about the techniques required to deploy incremental changes and Trunk Based Development in a distributed system (expand-and-contract, outside-in with feature toggles).
- Accelerating large engineering organisations with Internal Platforms (João Alves) [Developer Productivity, Devex, Platform, Platform as a product] [Duration: 0:45:00] Interesting talk on how to accelerate an engineering organization by creating an internal platform team with product focus. The talk is full of interesting examples.
- Testing and Refactoring Legacy Code (Sandro Mancuso) [Evolutionary Design, Refactoring, Technical Practices, XP] [Duration: 1:29:00] (⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐) In this live coding session, Sandro will present many techniques that will help you to efficiently retrofit tests to legacy code and then refactor it to show the business logic more clearly.
- The 3 Types of Unit Test in TDD (Dave Farley) [Technical Practices, XP, testing, tdd] [Duration: 0:17:00] This TDD tutorial explores the three types of test with some simple examples to demonstrate each one. It then goes on to explore the difference between stubs, fakes, spies and mocks in testing and describe some common difficulties that people sometimes face.
Post a Comment